- Leadville Race Report 2010
- Virgil Crest Ultra 100 Race Report
- Stone Steps 50K Race Report
- Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile 2010 Race Report
- Leadville 100 Mile Trail Run Race Report 2011
- Haliburton Forest 100 Mile Race Report
- Twin Peaks 50 Mile Race Report
- Trans-Michigan 2010 Report
- Ozark 100 Mile Race Report
- Angeles Crest 100 Race Report
- Massanutten 100 Mile Race Report 2012
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Two people sharing one goal
Tonight I sent a friend a thank you for sharing some wisdom with me. I met Roger in October '06. At that time my only 5K time was 24:39 that I had ran in August. I had just been running for year and knew very little. Well Roger is a bit faster posting 10K's around 35 minutes. He is from Barbados and his voice reminds me of a Jedi master.
Fartlek, intervals, breathing, strides and a few other things he has taken the time to teach have continued to yield new PRs every year for me. Now reflecting back and seeing he has helped shave 5:30 off my 5K time leaves me speechless.
Next time you get the chance; think about someone that has helped your running success and let them know. I feel like the PR is more of Roger's than mine.