- Leadville Race Report 2010
- Virgil Crest Ultra 100 Race Report
- Stone Steps 50K Race Report
- Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile 2010 Race Report
- Leadville 100 Mile Trail Run Race Report 2011
- Haliburton Forest 100 Mile Race Report
- Twin Peaks 50 Mile Race Report
- Trans-Michigan 2010 Report
- Ozark 100 Mile Race Report
- Angeles Crest 100 Race Report
- Massanutten 100 Mile Race Report 2012
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Streak in the night
Suann got me a birthday gift today that was truly enjoyable!! I unwrapped the new Pearl Izumi Streak 2 and headed to the track. I am building for a new mile PR in the next week or so.
Tonight i got my crew set at the track ready to crank off an 800M. My 11 year old blew the track whistle every 20 seconds so I knew my pace. My 16 year old sat at the 200M & 600M mark to yell the splits. With a goal of 20 seconds per 100M with a steady pace was the goal.
The whistle blew and boom from a dead stop the world was in motion. I hit 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 all on the mark then I jumped the pace up and turned in 14 seconds in the last 100M. Finalized the workout in 2:34:54 with some in the tank. My 8 year old son came over and said, "wow!! It looked like a cheetah was chasing you." That's the best way to walk away from a track session.
If you are looking for a comfortable and fast shoe. Check this one out.