Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Streak in the night



http://www.solesportsrunning.com/Pearl-Izumi-Streak-2-men-p922.html

Suann got me a birthday gift today that was truly enjoyable!! I unwrapped the new Pearl Izumi Streak 2 and headed to the track. I am building for a new mile PR in the next week or so.

Tonight i got my crew set at the track ready to crank off an 800M. My 11 year old blew the track whistle every 20 seconds so I knew my pace. My 16 year old sat at the 200M & 600M mark to yell the splits. With a goal of 20 seconds per 100M with a steady pace was the goal.

The whistle blew and boom from a dead stop the world was in motion. I hit 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 all on the mark then I jumped the pace up and turned in 14 seconds in the last 100M. Finalized the workout in 2:34:54 with some in the tank.  My 8 year old son came over and said, "wow!! It looked like a cheetah was chasing you." That's the best way to walk away from a track session.

If you are looking for a comfortable and fast shoe.  Check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment