- Leadville Race Report 2010
- Virgil Crest Ultra 100 Race Report
- Stone Steps 50K Race Report
- Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile 2010 Race Report
- Leadville 100 Mile Trail Run Race Report 2011
- Haliburton Forest 100 Mile Race Report
- Twin Peaks 50 Mile Race Report
- Trans-Michigan 2010 Report
- Ozark 100 Mile Race Report
- Angeles Crest 100 Race Report
- Massanutten 100 Mile Race Report 2012
Friday, February 25, 2011
A bit longer and slower
The Achilles is still slightly sore this morning so the eight mile hill run sounded better than speed. Temperature was a relaxed 44F with minimal wind.
Around mile seven I took to side dirt trail for a quarter mile. The singletrack felt great and was an exciting change from the pavement. It is an incredible difference for me mentally running singletrack vs. road running. I could run for hours on singletrack and not lose interest in the run. Too bad this Sunday's race is not a trail race.
Ran an even pace 9:40 pace; finishing in 1:17:28.
Off to the expo now.