Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Aftermath

The Ozark Trail 100 did a small number on me. Around mile 26 I got tripped up on a branch and hyper extended my knee. Then with the goal of finishing I pressed on till mile 82. At that point knowing the cut-off was just beyond reach I stopped.


Yesterday my x-ray results were back so I visited the doctor. Good news was issued; only slight damage that requures some rest and a prescription. The doctor said that if I had continued it would have been more than just soft tissue damage. So I guess in hindsight I should have stopped earlier. I have the ok to start up running on December 1st and to race a 5k that Saturday.


It is hard sometimes to determine what is real damaging pain and just pain from running such a long distance. The end goal is to run trails for as long as possible. So walking that thin line is tricky.


The adventures will continue and the joys of the journey are ready to be found. 2012 here I come.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve,

    All the best at the 5K. It is a cruel distance : )

    ReplyDelete