Saturday, October 22, 2011

"I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened". Mark Twain




     Well just like playing Texas Hold em'  "I am all in!!" I was asked this week to join to Grand Slammers in running the Ozark 100 in Missouri. This season has been good to me and I thought might as well capitalize on it while I am in the moment.  Also this will put me at having seven belt buckles. My first full week supply on the quest to 25 buckles in total. The only thing is I didn't have this one on my list so I guess this is a bonus race.
The reward of the adventure!!!

Here is the description from the website:

 
The Ozark Trail 100 Mile Endurance Run is a point-to-point 100 mile ultramarathon on the Ozark Trail through the Mark Twain National Forest in south central Missouri.  The race is mostly on single track trail with several water crossings and approximately 12,000 to 15,000 feet of elevation gain. The trail surface varies from smooth dirt trail to moderately technical trail with lots of leaves covering the trail.  The date for this event is November 5th, 2011.


The adventure that lies ahead...... 

Coming off Twin Peaks 50 Miler, I am happy to see a bit flatter course with no major hill climbs.  My legs were a bit sore for the past eight days. Also some of the last runs, my legs have felt heavy while running. The rolling hills should give me enough of a break to keep a decent pace throughout the race. In addition, this is one of the first races that doesn't list a few dozen animals that would like to eat me for dinner. So the nighttime running won't be spent looking out for danger and more time focused on moving forward.

I am hoping for clear skies so that I can take some pictures for the race report. My concern is that a lot of the race reports say the leaves cover up a lot of trip hazards and I dont want to take a bad spill on to my camera. So I will play it by ear and see how it looks on race weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment